Halton Trustees want the Minister of Education to stop, reflect on the current situation, gather data, and consult and collaborate with stakeholders before expanding remote learning for Ontario Students.
The HDSB Trustees have taken up the following tasks to bring awareness to the Minister, MPPs, and the community:
- Wrote a formal letter to the Minister
- Liaising with the Ontario Public School Boards Association (OPSBA) and member boards
- Speaking to the Minister and Deputy Minister during weekly calls with the 72 Board Chairs
- Creation of the haltoneducationaction.ca website
- Provided a template letter
- Set up a town hall meeting for the community on Thursday, May 13, from 7-8 pm